Saturday, April 19, 2008

Scrapbook Convention


My Mom and I along with our good friend Pam attending the CKC Scrapbook Convention yesterday. Although I do most of my scrapping digitally now..it was still fun to see some of the new ideas.

We were able to participate in some of the classes. I think my favorite was 'Recipe' by Lickety Split. We were able to make the cutest 'Board Book' that will allow us to put any type of Recipe's you want (Quotes, Friends, Success) or actual Recipes - hey now that might be a concept to most of us...since most of us either do drive through for meals, packaged prep'd foods or use the frozen food isle at the grocery store. It was a really fun project and I'm excited to complete it. Just haven't decided what kind of 'Recipe' book I'm going to create yet. Maybe I'll put all my favorite recipe's from my Mom...she is an absolutely AMAZING cook and that would be really fun to have as a keepsake.


Speaking of my beautiful Mommy...this photo is Mom, Pam and I in our 'ALL STACKED UP' class where we created home decor blocks. These are really great and they gave us some neat ideas. One idea I love'd was since the blocks have 18 sides giving them as a graduation gift to your child, niece, nephew etc., of their first 18 years of life...place a picture from one year old to eighteen years (maybe senior picture) what a great gift. And they were really easy to do.

The last project we completed for the night was 'LIVE, LAUGH & LOVE' This was really cute..we love'd the paper and can't wait to get it finished and hung on the wall. Overall it was a really fun day. I love hanging with my Mom and Pam...they are a riot.

2 comments:

Dawn Thomas said...

Ok you are always having so much FUN!!! Looks like some neat projects! Tell your Mom Hi for me and that I love her and miss her!
Love ya! Dawn

Leah Martineau said...

I was there to!! I didn't take any classes just got some fun stuff. Looks like you guys had fun though!!!

My Playlist...

test