Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BYU - Women's Conference




What an amazing opportunity...I have always wanted to go to Women's Conference and finally I did.

The theme for this year was
'A Rise, A Wake and Come Unto Christ'


I talked my sister-in-law Jori into going with me and what a fun and awesome time. Just hanging with each other, laughing, sharing and walking the heck out of my legs..(yes I came home with shin splints..LOL).

Thursday evening was a total blast. We were able to attend a concert featuring - Kenneth Cope, Michael McLean, Hilary Weeks, Eclipse (Amazing Acapella Group), Jenny Jordan Frogley (WOW)- totally inspiring.


The highlight of the trip was seeing and hearing our beloved Prophet - President Thomas S. Monson speak to all of us at the closing session. What a truly inspiration he is to all of us. Although our journey in this life is not meant to be easy - it's how we find 'JOY' in the journey that will allow us to get to the other side. Thank you President Monson for those uplifting words and your encouragement to endure. You truly are a Prophet of God.

What a wonderful opportunity...I am so grateful to Jori for going and hanging with me and showing me the inside of BYU & Provo. We started our trip at MAGELBY's a yummy dining experience where we had 'Orange Roughy - Macadamia encrusted with a sesame ginger sauce' - Yes I felt I had died and gone to heaven - & then to top it off we had their scrumptious 'Chocolate Cake' for desert. All I can say is it was to die for. It was so good that we went there on the way home to the airport and finished our trip with the same meal. Crazy...yes...but both times it was so worth it!!

No comments:

My Playlist...

test