Saturday, August 22, 2009

SENIOR TRIP '09

My how the times have changed. When I grew up there were no such thing as 'Senior Trips', now it's just one more tradition. Trellany and her 8 bestest friends planned their Senior Trip to Oxnard, California. Well they started out with the criteria that they wanted to go to the Beach. After researching several different areas in California from Mission Beach, Oceanside, Dana Point and Oxnard it came down to the almighty dollar. Then they found out that you had to be '25' to rent any week long vacation rental and so that required a 'Chaperon'. I was so lucky because they asked me to be their 'Chaperon'...it was truly an honor and privilege to spend a week with these beautiful, wonderful young ladies. We found a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo just a few steps from the beach in Oxnard and it was wonderful.

Beach at 'Sunset'

Four of the eight (Courntey, Brianna, Cheyenne & Trellany)

First night arriving we went to 'In and Out Burger'. That was an experience in itself. We walked into this really busy 'In and Out Burger' and I'm not kidding you the restaurant was packed and when these 8 girls opened the doors to enter...the whole room stopped, went silent and looked at my girls. I knew then I was in trouble (especially since we had been travelling all day and totally were scummed out). It wasn't to soon that I looked over and one of the boys Basketball teams from Ventura had them all circled around them talking and inviting them to hang out with all of them. I thought...oh boy...here we go.
Sunday we took a day trip to 'Solvang' a quaint little town about 80 miles North near Santa Barbara. Courtney's parents told us about it. It's a little 'Dutch' town where a family came from the Netherlands in like 1920 or something and settled this beautiful town. It is built like the Netherlands, tons of little shops that feature Dutch and Swiss antiques, artwork and delicious bakeries and Dutch food. It was so much fun.
Overlooking the Santa Barbara area.
'Booty Call' - 8 bathing beauties.

The beach was beautiful, soft sand, great waves cool weather. The weird thing was that there wasn't a sole on the beach the entire week we were there. I think we may have seen 10 people the entire time and 5 of those were on Friday before we left. So the girls had a mile of beach all to themselves. They set up field lines and played 'Football', Frisbee etc.

Trellany, Kylee and Brianna entertaining themselves doing handstands.

Now let's do 'Cartwheels'...

Not sure what it is about 'Jumping' but this seems to be a necessity. I don't think we have a trip without a 'jumping' shot.

This is another 'tradition' that we've gotten into whenever we go on a vacation. 'Tie Dye'. So here the girls are making their 'Tie Dye' T-Shirts so when we go to Magic Mountain I won't loose them.
Seagulls on the beach..the girls had fun feeding them chips and crackers and then watching them fly and fight to get to the food.

Here's all of us in 'Solvang'...Someone offered to take the picture so at least I could be in one and prove that I was there with them...I joked with the person and told them I was the original 'OctoMom'...because these were my 8 - 18 year olds....heheh.

A little store in 'Solvang'. Even 'Edward' had visited.
There was a childrens store in 'Solvang' and when I walked in this adorable 'Little Piggy' was center stage of the store and it just was the cutest thing ever. So I couldn't resist snapping a picture.

Can you imagine walking around with all these beautiful girls...they really did make an entrance wherever we went. It was crazy..

Driving back to Oxnard and the girls thought it was pretty funny that there was actually a 'Santa Clause' Lane.
'RockBand' - these girls are really good.

I was so lucky - I got to go to 'Magic Mountain' with them and I actually got a picture for once with my daughter. It's a miracle.

The gates opened and the girls took off to get to X2 - it was crazy. Sneed one of their friends drove all night to join us at Magic Mountain as this would be his last crazy adventure before he left for his mission. Needless to say...I think a lot of boys were envious that here's this guy with 6 beautiful girls all to himself. It was a lot of fun.

Sneed on the beach one last time before he took off to go home.

Here we go 'Jumping' again.
What I do best...WORK...can you believe it...on vacation and I'm working...somebody HELP me.

Kylee, Diane, Trellany & Whitner - boy am I glad the beach was quiet. They are all too cute.

Now it's 'Long Boarding' time...seriously this could be an AD for 'PACSUN' or something.

There they go..cruising 'Oxnard' - Long Board style.

'Le Freak'...for one fun night they put together a dance routine to 'Le Freak' by Chic...it was absolutely hysterical.
Kylee, Diane, Trellany, Brianna, Cheyenne, Whitney & Courtney

Hall pose...seriously can you get anymore wilder & crazier than this? Such wonderful memories.

The girls at their best...playing in the ocean...it doesn't get any better.
Diane, Cheyenne, Trellany, Brianna, Jessica

Group Hug...they truly are the bestest friends.

Jessica, Trellany, Diane, Cheyenne, Kylee, Whitney, Courtney and Brianna
Photo Time...how fun for me to be able to take a few hours and photo shoot these girls. They are all so photogenic. The beach and landscaping were perfect for a fun photo op.
The girls...

Loving each other...well loving Trellany..

Beautiful girls.


Strike a pose and let's get to it...

and I say 'Jump'..

Someone built this awesome little boat...so of course we had to get a picture before the surf washed it away.

Row Row your boat..

Jessica, Diane, Trellany, Cheyenne, Whitney
Brianna, Courtney and Kylee


This picture truly depicts who they are to each other..I love this and will see where they are all at 10 years from now. I think a 10 year reunion would be fun.


Whitney, Trellany, Cheyenne, Diana, Jessica
Brianna, Courtney & Kylee

No comments:

My Playlist...

test