Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's True...I'm In Love With A Vampire...

Who would have guessed that I would fall in love with a Vampire...I love suspense novels (The Bourne series)...I love Danielle Steel (except she seems to be falling into a rut of the same stuff) I did like HRH and then of course there's Nicolas Sparks (who by the way my best girlfriend forever grew up with Nicolas and his family so she knows them really well and I can't wait to see the movie this Friday of a book I feel upon called 'Nights in Rondanthe' it's probably one of my all time favorite books until TWILIGHT...yes I'm a Twilight addict. Trellany started reading them a little over a year ago and kept saying 'Mom...you have to read Twilight' it's the best book...well I started but only got to page 60 and said 'I just don't get what the buzz is about this book'...I couldn't get into it...so I put it on the back burner and said maybe one day. Yet everyone I talked to was going crazy and spending days at a time reading the series and basically life was stopping for those few days. I again...just didn't get it.

So...Trellany asked me to please read the series before the movie comes out this winter. I took the challenge and thought Oceanside - two weeks on the beach - hanging out doing nothing - perfect time to see if I could catch the fever. Well let me tell you 'I caught it'...
>and couldn't stop reading. I read ALL (3) books while I kicked it on the beach...and found out that nearly half the beach was reading it too...I totally cracked up.

The Movie is coming out November 21st and me and 2 other crazy friends Sandy and Brooke have rented a movie theater to have a private showing on opening night for 250 people. The crazy thing is we are totally sold out and it's not even close to November yet.

All I can say is 'TWILIGHT' is an incredible series and if our sons learned half of what Edward has to teach on how you treat the love of your life...well let's just say the world would be a much better place.

Maybe that's why I love to read...because it takes me out of the world and into a place that is always better than here.

Anyway...if you haven't read 'TWILIGHT' and the series I encourage you to...you won't be disappointed and that's coming from someone who has never read a Vampire story in her life...but Edward is no ordinary vampire...enjoy.

2 comments:

Dawn Thomas said...

You are sooo funny! I absolutely loved those books! My family couldn't believe that I could just lay around and read and read and read!!!:)

Tinkstoy said...

I know, it's funny how they have taken us all by storm. I can't wait until the movie comes out.

My Playlist...

test